Fantasy & Role Playing
This page shines the spotlight on role playing — and its role in a fulfilling relationship.
Being in a healthy long-term relationship is wonderful, but it's easy to get stuck in a routine in the bedroom sometimes. If you are stuck in routine you don't have to worry — there are all sorts of options for you to explore! You can explore new fetishes, fantasies, try out different positions and figure out what you're both interested in without going too far outside your comfort zone.
If you're in need of ideas, there are plenty of roles you can play with your partner to spice it all up. As a starting point, why not consider the following ideas?
1. The repairman. You've got a leak to fix and your partner's the only one who's got the right wrench. (Okay, okay, I can hear the eye rolls — but this one is surprisingly fun and simple for beginners!)
2. Professor/student. For anybody who had a little teacher fetish in their early twenties, this role playing situation is more fun than cliché.
3. Stripper. Pick your favourite sexy song, slide on some lacy lingerie, then sway your hips and let yourself give the perfect lap dance.
4. Porn star. Pick a porn movie or scene you both like and re-enact it together.
5. On-camera porn stars. Kick the previous idea up a notch and actually film yourselves having sex. Not only will it turn you both on, it will ensure you will both be at the top of your game.
6. Cheerleader/football player. If you're already trying out the porn star thing, you might as well try a role playing situation familiar to it!
7. Strangers at a bar. Pick a nice safe place for this one (Club Whispers is perfect). Arrive separately to the same bar, flirt a little bit with other people, then eventually go and talk to one another like you're strangers. This will get the feelings flowing as you start to remember exactly what drew you to each other in the first place.
8. Dominant/submissive. Do a bit of playful spanking and some light hair-pulling to determine if you want to go further.
9. Then switch! One of the best things about having sex with somebody you love is that you two can explore your options together. Of course, if one isn't comfortable with a specific role, then certainly don't push yourselves into it, but if you are feeling flexible, changing it up could be fun.
10. Role-reversal. Is your partner usually on top? Then this time, you take over the upper role and dictate the conversation your bodies are having.
11. Your favourite movie. Regardless of what it is, if you two have a sex scene or film you find particularly entrancing, act it out with one another and see how it feels.
12. Crooner. If one of you is particularly good at singing, you could try doing a little private performance featuring a seductive song.
13. Fireman. It is a well-known fact that everyone who has ever worked as a Fireman is unbelievably hot.
14. The control freak. Have one of you lie down and the other do whatever he or she wants — kissing, licking, even light tickling — until the person lying on the bed is begging for more.
15. Client/call girl. Let your partner list exactly what he or she wants as you act like a call girl who's there to cater to their every need.
16. Hollywood starlet. You play the sexy star and your partner can be your secret admirer. Do your hair, do your makeup, put yourself in a fancy gown and let your inner diva nature go wild.
17. Chef and server. Don’t just make any dishes — only make foods you can feed to your partner by hand.
18. Masseuse. Snag some sexy massage oil, light a few candles and give one another massages until you're both feeling smooth, silky and ready to be touched further.
19. Voyeur. Watch your partner masturbate for an extended period of time to increase tension and enjoy the view.
20. Exhibitionists. Speaking of enjoying the view, if you two are into the idea of being watched, imagine you have a little audience made up of people you both find hot.
21. Bather. Give each other baths slowly and sexily among bubbles, essential oils and delicious body washes.
22. Your favourite on-air duo. Got a thing for an actor or actress onTV? Doesn't matter who it is, as long as pulling off your own scene acting as them gets you going.
23. Royalty and servant. Have your partner bring you wine, feed you grapes, rub your feet, and just do all the general things we see in depictions of Renaissance royals and their servants.
24. Painter and muse. If one of you is artistically inclined, break out the easel and brushes, then have one pose naked as the other immortalizes them on canvas.
25. Doctor & Nurse. It may be a very old cliché, but a little nurse costume is also an awful lot of fun!
26. Dance teacher and student. Take a few private lessons to prep for this one, then enact a scenario in which you are a student and your partner is the instructor (or vice versa) and seduce one another through the art of movement.
27. Innocent versus ... well, not-so-innocent. One of you can pretend to be a bit naive, while the other takes control and "teaches" the first all about sex.
28. Mile-high clubbers. Having sex on an actual airplane can get you in a lot of trouble, but making out and eventually sneaking into your own small bathroom can feel nearly as exciting.
29. Boss/employee. Ever seen Secretary?
30. Hotel maid and guest. Slip into a sexy maid costume and after one knock on the door from "housekeeping" things will heat up in no time.